- 8 4-5 oz Beefsteak Tomatoes (or 2 - 24 oz cans San Marzano Tomatoes)
- 1 Tbl Grape Seed Oil
- 2 ea Sweet Onions Vidalia
- ½ ea head Garlic
- ½ lb Bacon, Small Diced
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 ea Lemons, Zested and Juiced
- ½ bunch Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven 375 F
- Heat up a large oven proof pan on medium heat. Add oil and bacon and render bacon until lightly brown, but not crispy. Add onions and garlic and saute and until tender.
- Add brown sugar, red wine vinegar, along with tomatoes.
- Bring ingredients to a medium simmer and slowly reduce marmalade until nice and thick for about 1 ½ hours. Stir occasionally to make sure the sauce is not sticking.
- Once marmalade has reduced, remove pot from stove top to cool. Add lemon juice, zest, and thyme.
- Place into jars and cover, allow to cool then place in refrigerator up to 3-4 weeks.
As you can see the marmalade can be used with many dishes, like potato hash and eggs. We also recommended pairing with Roasted Pork Loin or Herb Roasted Chicken, Toasted Bread, Summer Squash, and Green Beans.