Butternut Squash Hummus
- 1 Cup Dried White Beans
- 1 Cup Dried Garbanzo Bean
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash (large dice)
- 4 ea Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin whole
- 2 T Honey
- ½ C Oil (Grape Seed or oil blend)
- Salt + Pepper to Season
Pumpkin Seed Gremolata
- ¼ C Pumpkin Seed (toasted)
- 1 ea Cilantro
- 1 ea Lime
- 2 ea Garlic Grated
- ½ C EVOO
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt + Pepper to season
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- Strain beans and rinse well. Place in pot and cover with water and begin to boil. Until very tender. May take up to an hour.
- While beans are cooking, roast butternut squash in a pan with a 1 T of oil to caramelize. Once caramelized add into a pot along with garlic, and cumin.
- Once all ingredients are tender strain and reserve the liquid for pureeing.
- While the ingredients are still hot place in a mixer/ food processor with a little liquid to help puree. Your hummus will come out very smooth if you blend while hot.
- Refrigerate up to one week. To serve, garnish with olive oil and pumpkin seed gremolata and serve with crostini, cut veggies, or crackers.
Yields 1 Qt
Last week we worked with several of our favorite creative to provide inspiration for a Harvest Dinner Gathering. We encourage you add rich, deep florals paired with pumpkins on your table, forage colored leaves for place cards, and set out the shiny china.
We adore this hostess look with an Ice Milk Apron, and did you know those striped linens will be on our new shop later this month?!? Stay posted for our new website and online shop.
Photography: Rustic White Photography | Planning + Design: Molly Mckinley Designs | Venue: The Foundry at Puritan Mill Atlanta, Georgia | Florals: Lindsay Coletta | Cake: Lush Cakery | Pimento Cheese Macarons: XK Macarons | Invitation:Puddleduck Paper Co. | Hostess Apron: Ice Milk Aprons | Linens: Nuage Designs | Hair + Makeup: Claudia Mejerle | Butternut Squash Hummus Recipe + Presentation: Homespun | Chargers, Plates, Glassware, Flatware: Bloomingdales | Publication: Green Wedding Shoes | Publication- Little Small Shop