What started as a pop-up dinner series five years ago has grown to be a busy catering company, and we’re looking to grow our team with a chef assistant. The position is part-time with the potential for the role to grow into a full-time position. This is an exciting position for people who strive for excellence in cooking and hospitality and who enjoy entertaining and working with high end cuisine.
- Previous catering experience in private homes and corporations
- 3+ years working in a restaurant kitchen or catering environment
- Strong attention to detail: with so many events already scheduled, we want someone who can keep track of the details and juggle many things at once
- People skills: we’re looking for someone who is a great cook, but has a natural knack for hospitality, too
- Ability to work independently
- Confidence and experience to be the chef lead at events
- Culinary school degree is a plus, but not required
- Assist lead event chef with prep for upcoming events
- Work as on-site chef for catered events on nights and weekends
- Occasionally act as the lead chef for off-site events, when we are double-booked
- Assist lead event chef with preparing for events, including packing event equipment, printing client menus, submitting food orders and more
Pay is dependent on experience.
Ready to apply? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.